Singing nun Sister Cristina Scuccia wins Italy’s ‘Voice’



Sister Cristina, won the competition with a rendition of What A Feeling from the movie Flashdance after a finale between heavy rock performer Giacomo Voli who sang Stairway to Heaven.

She took the title, and the Universal record contract, with a convincing 62 percent of the votes. After being declared the winner she led the TV studio audience in the Lord's Prayer before breaking down in tears.



A native of Sicily, this 25-year-old Scuccia became a global sensation after appearing on Italy's version of The Voice is a member of the Ursuline Sisters of the Holy Family, rendering an amazing performance in her black habit and silver cross.

Sister Cristina Scuccia, who even sang a duet with Kylie Minogue, thanked God and Pope Francis for her victory with a stunning 62% of the telephone vote.

Here are some words from Sour Cristina:

"My presence here is not up to me, it's thanks to the man upstairs.

"I'm not here to start a career but because I want to send out a message, to evangelise and bring Jesus even here."

Standing next to the mother superior of her Ursuline order, Sister Agatha, she added: "I really didn't expect all this.

"My aim was to say that I have encountered Jesus. I have a gift and God gave me that gift and I have used it to say that God has taken nothing away from me.

"The priorities in my life are prayer, getting up early and teaching at my school. I will never give up on my vows and the greatest love of my life for a singing career."

Watch her performance:


For more trending news and updates, like us on Facebook follow us on Twitter add us to your circle in Google+ and we will keep you posted directly on your news feeds.


No comments:

Powered by Taragis.Com | Copyright © 2014 Boniavenue.Com