Cebu Priest who humiliated unwed mom says sorry after his sermon video went viral on the internet



The video of the priest who humiliated the unmarried 17-year old mother during the baptism of her baby went viral on social media. Fr. Romeo Obach issued the "public heartfelt apology" on Tuesday to the mother and her immediate family for his words and "rude attitude" before performing the rite of baptism.

"The words I said and the rude attitude that I showed before I performed the rite of Baptism last Sunday, July 6, 2014 at the Sacred Heart Chapel, Jagobiao, Mandaue City, was indeed unbecoming. I deeply regret that I have done this," he said in a statement, which was posted on the Facebook page of GMA Cebu's "Buena Mano Balita!"

The video showing Fr. Romeo Obach giving harsh sermon before the mother and its relatives went viral on social media.

“Makauulaw. Magpabunyag ka og walay bana. Nakig dug ka og laki nga dili nimo bana. Wala ma mauwaw Naka dungog ba na nako, dai? Wala ka mauwaw? (How shameful. You come here to have your child baptized without a husband. You slept with a man who is not your husband. Do you hear me, girl? Aren’t you ashamed?)” said the priest.

The girl, a college student, softly replied “Mauwaw” (I’m ashamed).


The video was taken by her sister and then posted by the baby’s grandmother Jieve in her Facebook account to express personal rage.

In an official statement of apology, Fr. Romeo Obach said he realized only later how cruel his ways were to "educate and impart lessons" for that event.



He apologized also to those who heard or saw his sermon through the media and the Internet.

"I am deeply sorry to the mother of the child, her relatives, the sponsors and the witnesses of the incident. I am sorry to the Internet viewers, to media listeners and viewers for this mistake I personally admit. I am deeply sorry and I humbly ask your forgiveness," he said.


For more trending news and updates, like us on Facebook follow us on Twitter add us to your circle in Google+ and we will keep you posted directly on your news feeds.


No comments:

Powered by Taragis.Com | Copyright © 2014 Boniavenue.Com